Sunday, June 21, 2015

CTA#2

Summary 
In this article, How to Watch and Learn from Your Peer Teachers, written by Arvind Grover, he explains how he got many ideas for his classroom while he observed teachers. Then he gave some suggestions on what to observe such as what the students are doing and what pieces engage the students the most? He lets the teacher know that they are doing a great job. He then gives a letter to use so you can ask a teacher if you can observe in their classroom. He also mentioned that teaching to him was science and an art.
http://www.brainpickings.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/artscience.jpeg

Comment
I love how gave us an example letter to use to ask a teacher if we can observe their classroom. I agree that teaching is an art, and not so much on the science. I need to expand my mind on the idea. I also liked that he would give the teacher feedback and encourage him/her to continue to teach that way.


Summary
In this blog, Give Your Students Half of Sheet,  by Arvind Grover, gives us a idea on how to get feedback from other students. He gives you a list of question you wold give your students

Comment
I liked this idea because it helps the teacher learn what is keeping the students engaged. This allow the teacher to self reflect and improve their lesson.



2 comments:

  1. Great post! I am sure you are glad you read these blog posts. I am! I enjoyed reading them. It was really interesting, and I love learning new things for when I become a teacher. I would try to make my second comment a little longer in some way. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete