Sunday, June 21, 2015

Blog Post #8

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."-Randy Pausch

I have many ideas and I have some new awesome quotes from Randy Pausch. I learned to open my lesson by introducing myself and the idea I want the students to learn. I should always open the lesson with something fun such as a joke, or an interesting story. I should keep my students engaged by using pictures and videos.  The students should learn the fundamentals of a project before they jump in  head first. The fundamentals need to be known so everything else will work.  I can bring objects, props, or examples to show my students the idea I want them to follow. I learned that there is a good way and a bad way to say things to a students. I need to always be positive. After watching this video, I believe teaching requires a certain set of skills. Skills can be patience, kindness, or being  an excited teacher. I think you can only acquire these skills by being an very active teacher in the classroom with many years of experience. I learned that when you have group projects to put the students in different groups every time. I liked this idea because it will help teach my students to work with others, and help them realize that everyone does not have the same work ethic. I learned as a teacher I should have a mentor. I may need a mentor because everyone hits bumps in the road.  I learned that after every project I should allow the students to give feedback. Feedback is needed so a student can self reflect on who they are as a person. I learned that in my classroom, students should always have fun! The main things I learned were that you should focus on others, help others, and don't bail!
http://philmckinney.com/archives/2013/12/how-to-regain-your-childhood-imagination.html

"Keep living your childhood dream."-Robert Pausch

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you related the lecture into things you can do in your future teaching. I think you did a very good job summing up what he teaches us from the lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you are proofreading and varying your sentence structure to make it more interesting for the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...or being a an excited teacher." Omit the a.

    You learned all of this from Pausch's video?

    ReplyDelete