Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Blog Post #3

photo by:www.mesacc.eduI found the video,What is Peer Editing, and the power point, Peer With  Perfection Tutorial to be very informative. They gave me some very goods way to peer edit my classmates posts. I have learned that when you are peer editing there are three rules that you must apply. These rules are compliments, suggestions, and corrections. I must first start with compliments and tell the reader what I liked about their post. I should always be positive. Use sentences  such as: I like the way you... or I think you used a lot of good details. When I give suggestions I should always be specific. I should use interesting words. I need to pay attention to detail, organization, word choice, and topic. I need to make sure that their writings always flows and stays on topic. When I make corrections, I need to be kind. Make sure I do not hurt anyone feelings. I need to look for punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Be kind!

In the video Writing Peer Review Top Ten Mistakes, I found all the children adorable. I can easily see my self being Off Task Oliver and Defensive Dave. I need to remember not to be like Pushy Paula. It is not fair to push my opinion or thoughts on another students' writing. I need to always slow down and do not rush like Speedy Sandy. I will always be kind and do not insult another students' work unlike Mean Margaret.
photo by:http://web.ics.purdue.edu/

3 comments:

  1. "They gave me some very goods ways to peer edit..." Goods should be good.

    "I can easily see my self being..." My self should be one word, myself.

    I loved the Top Ten Mistakes video as well and I thought your post was very thoughtful and put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you used the names of the types of peer editors. I too have to make sure that I am not a Speedy Sandy. I think that is the category that I am more likely to fall into.

    ReplyDelete