Thursday, July 2, 2015

Special Blog Post

Thank you for introducing Dr. Jacobs in to my life! She had some really great and fun tools I will use in my classroom.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4820534012_61785df90c.jpg1. Singing Fingers has to be my absolute favorite! Singing Fingers is an app that lets you records sounds and play them back on your Ipad. This would be useful in my classroom if we are studying phonemic awareness. It will allow my students to distinguish sounds in spoken word. We could also tell stories. The plus is that Singing Fingers help with cross sensory creative thinking!

2. Glogster is an interactive website that allows the students to create multimedia posters. The student would be able to do research, save the information, and even create a game. The only negative is that this will cost the teacher about $40 a year, which is not a bad investment. I can use this in my class for all subjects, so I really like this resource.

https://d1qb2nb5cznatu.cloudfront.net/startups/i/26648-96e46a3569d97945c6b5c6b30eec313f-medium_jpg.jpg?buster=1407954867 3. Storybird is an website that allows the class to put together a visual story. I like this website because I can use it for history or science. The plus is that the class can continue to read and add to their story as they get older.  By the way, this website is free!

4. Build your wildself, is a website that allows children to draw themselves and add on animal parts. I think this would be a fun activity to use while we are studying the animal kingdom. It would help my children explore a creative side and help with identifying themselves or how they see themselves.

5. Toondoo is a website that allows students to make a comic book. I mean who does not like comic books! I like this website because I can make this a group project and use it for an English assignment. I would love to see how creative a student can get when using Toondoo.

6. Taptotalk is an website that allows verbal interaction. Right now the site is having some changes! But, I still like this idea for an special education students. I would like to use this to help them with verbal communication. Since I am thinking about working with special education students, I wanted to add this to my PLN.

2 comments:

  1. "...together an visual story.",and " to make an comic book." a, not an

    Ah, your PLN. Yes!

    ReplyDelete