Thursday, July 9, 2015

Blog Post #13

PBL and Special Education
Read these two articles and answer these questions:

What are some of your thoughts about special education and teaching PBL?
How can you teach PBL effectively to special education students?

Special Education and PBL
Gifted Education 

My response:

The first article I read was Special Education and PBL, I was amazed about the solar system created  by an autistic student. It was incredible. I really like the fact that they did not exclude the students from the classroom. I would make sure that the students understands the project by breaking the material down. I would type out different lessons so the student helper can relate the information to the student.
http://www.suu.edu/prostu/majors/images/sped-focal.pngIn the article, Gifted Education, I would make sure that the question I have asked challenges them intellectually. I would make sure that the student is constantly being engaged, and if they finish early I would have the student do more research on a topic that is interesting to them. I would have them do a small projects to share with the class. If I taught a gifted class, I would allow each students to pick a topic and have them do a half of a semester study. I would also have the students do projects and meet deadlines as well.

Both articles have great information! I love how the first article gave ideas about how to teach a special education student. I love how the second article encouraged me to motivate my students.


3 comments:

  1. We were thinking somewhat alike in our post . Special Education and Gifted Education students can be intellectually challenged. Both have so much to offer, in their own way.

    ReplyDelete