Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Blog Post #10

http://www.software-answers.com/SACustom/NewsPics/Study-Technology-helps-many-students-study-better_906_547937_0_14092008_500.jpg
I thought the children were so cute in the video First Graders in Mrs. Cassidy class. I was surprised  that the children were using blogs, skype, and wikis. The children seem to be working well together and are learning great problem solving skills. I am inspired to use Mrs. Cassidy's idea about blogs, because it would allow my class to show progress on a project, for a week to week basis. Although, I would only allow the students to post on Monday and Friday.  To protect my students I would do as Mrs.Cassidy does  and that is never use pictures or my students last name. I like her approach on technology because she seems very enthusiastic, and encouraged about what she does by helping these students learn technology. I think if I had problems along the way with administration not supporting me using technology, I would show them the childrens work and progress in technology. Also, I would have them allow me a year to do my program to show them how effective it is for the students. I believe I would benefit from using technology because it helps my students to be effective people in this world. I think my teaching skills can only get better by using technology.

3 comments:

  1. I also liked how she won’t use the student's name or picture! I don’t think many schools will have a problem with teachers incorporating technology in the classroom because technology being used in schools is highly common. A suggestion is to change Blog Post 9 to Blog Post 10 because it causes confusion. We will always be learners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think if I had problems along the way with administration not supporting me using technology, I would show them the childrens work and progress in technology. Also, I would have them allow me a year to do my program to show them how effective it is for the students." Love this idea! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I was surprised that the children were using blogs, skype, and wikis." You have seen a number of videos with elementary students engaged in technology. Have you been watching these?

    ReplyDelete