Sunday, July 5, 2015

Blog Post #11

From Mr. Crosby, I learned that students can be disconnected. It is my job as a teacher to get them connected into the world. I can have classroom accounts on different websites, so people can watch my students grow. I can encourage my students to think outside the box and have them write stories from an objects perspective. I learned that my students should set goals. I need to make sure that every students has a part when we have class projects. I learned that I can incorporate all subjects into projects. Active learning is a way to power my students to enjoy learning.

In the video, Blended Learning Cycle, I learned that there are 5 Es in Science: engage, explore, expand, explain, and evaluate. I learned that with blended learning students have control of the classroom. Also, acronyms help you remember things you want to teach in the class.

http://quotepixel.com/images/quotes/inspirational/quote-thinking-the-talking_10361-3.png
In the video, Making Thinking Visible, I learned I should teach my students how to accept ideas and things when they are different. I should teach my students how to look at things from a different perspective to help them gain knowledge about a subject. I should encourage them to be thinkers, so they can build relationships in and out the classroom.

Mr Pain taught me how to encourage my students to be safe and responsible while using the internet.
He also taught me that I should teach my students how to evaluate websites properly. Peer editing is a big thing in every video, so of course I need to allow my students to peer edit.

PBL is great in the classroom, because it encourages my students to enter a deeper understanding of topics. PBL  allows my students to be constantly engaged. PBL allows me to integrate two or more subjects into one lesson or project. It also allows me to give my students quality feedback.

PBL in Roosevelt  allows for teacher collaboration. It teaches my students to be independent learners. It gives students a sense of power and ownership in a project. I cannot wait to use PBL in my classroom.
 


3 comments:

  1. I agree that teachers are responsible for helping their students get connected with the world around them. I also think that students should be taught to hear other's opinions and ideas without criticizing, and actually give them a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think connecting with the world makes the students realize how much there is to learn. The more we show them and encourage them, the more they want to learn.

    ReplyDelete