Tuesday, July 14, 2015

C4T#4

Teacher Summary
In the first post, Building Mathematical through Thinking Through Play, by Mrs. Jennifer Brokofsky, explains different board games that can help children with math skills. She then explains what and how the different games work.  Logic links helps with logical thinking. Noodlers helps with problem solving. Q-Bitz extreme helps with spatial sense.

http://ms.hastingspublicschools.org/modules/cms/pages.phtml?pageid=135438Comment
I really liked this article because I did not know any of these games existed. I think this would be fun to do in the classroom because it is something different. I could also incorporate this in math stations.

Teacher Summary
In the post, Cooking with Your Kids, Mrs. Brokofsky, explains how children benefit from helping their parents cook. The children learn skills such as listing, ingredients, and fractions. She talks about how her children love to help her cook.

Comment
I liked this article the best because I never looked at cooking as being helpful. I love how you can use the measurements to help with fractions. I am looking forward to having  my children help me in the kitchen once I become a mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment