Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Test Blog; Introduction


photo by:gulf shores al government


Hello, everyone! My name is Jessica McCants. This is my second semester at South Alabama. I plan on entering candidacy in the fall this semester. I am an elementary education major and I plan on teaching 2nd grade or special education. I started attending the University of  North Alabama in 2008 but things did not workout so I moved back home and to South Alabama. I am a native of the Eastern Shore. I was born and raised in Fairhope, AL. I am the youngest of three and the baby girl. I was born October 13th on a Friday. I am a left handed. I love listening to all kinds of music and reading.

I want to enter the field of education because I feel I can make a positive influence on youth today. I feel like teachers are focusing on learning and not much hands on activities. I feel as if I would focus on hands on activities and cater to all the different learning style of each student. Educators in the 21st century have to learn to grow with the technology as they become teachers. Technology is a main tool in teaching education and improving the quality of life for children.

3 comments:

  1. I am also the youngest of three! I have the same passion as you for education! My major is secondary education history. Hope all goes well with this course! I Love that picture of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The instructions asked you to include your outline for this blog post. Please make sure that you are following all of the instructions in every blog post. This is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Jessica!

    I also found my passion in education and am going to enter candidacy in the Fall. There are many websites that have activities which can be incorporated in the lesson while making the lesson thought provoking. Technology is making a huge impact in education today but imagine what it will do in years to come.

    ReplyDelete