Thursday, May 28, 2015

Blog Assignment #1

photo by:www.mesacc.eduI found these videos and this power point to be full of information. They gave me some very goods way to peer edit my classmates posts. I have learned that when you are peer editing there are three rules that you must apply. These rules are compliments, suggestions, and corrections. I must first start with compliments and tell the reader what I liked about their post. I should always be positive. Use sentences  such as: I like the way you... or I think you used a lot of good details. When I give suggestions I should always be specific. I should use interesting words. I need to pay attention to detail, organization, word choice, and topic. I need to make sure that their writings always flows and stays on topic. When I make corrections, I need to be kind. Make sure I do not hurt anyone feelings. I need to look for punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Be kind!

In the video Writing Peer Review Top Ten Mistakes, I found all the children adorable. I can easily see my self being Off Task Oliver and Defensive Dave. I need to remember not to be like Pushy Paula. It is not fair to push my opinion or thoughts on another students' writing. I need to always slow down and do not rush like Speedy Sandy. I will always be kind and do not insult another students' work unlike Mean Margaret.
photo by:http://web.ics.purdue.edu/

1 comment:

  1. I understand why you have these fears and I am in the same boat about failing. However, it seems like this class is more about applying what you know and learn for yourself. EDM 310 brings learning to a whole new level and the first couple of days have only been a small taste of it. To help you with time management, have you considered breaking up the assignments into different days sort of like a to-do-list? Personally, I have a planner and phone reminders so I don’t miss a deadline. The most important document to check is the Checklist Master. I suggest printing out the checklist and keeping it on hand. If you need help, just ask because we are all learning together and can help each other out.

    ReplyDelete